How to Keep Cool During Warm Weather Workouts
Time It Right
- Get outside during the coolest parts of the day, like the morning or evening
- Avoid outdoor activity from 12-3 PM, the hottest part of the day
- Give yourself time to warm up and cool down before each activity
- Drink water before, during and after activities, even if you don’t feel thirsty
- Fuel up with hydrating fruits and veggies, smoothies and infused water
- Carry a water bottle or hydration pack with you for easy hydration
Dress for Comfort
- Wear lightweight, light-coloured clothes made with moisture-wicking fabrics
- Lace up with breathable shoes, lightweight socks and supportive insoles
- Protect yourself with sunglasses, waterproof sunscreen and a hat or visor
Make it fun with warm-weather activities like:
- Outdoor Yoga
When you Move More every day, you can reach some pretty big goals over time. With motivation, dedication and great foot support, your small daily steps can add up to huge strides. Let your feet take you places you never thought possible! ...
Dental problems such as early childhood caries (cavities in the baby teeth) are the leading cause of chronic disease for young children. Therefore, child health experts recommend that children begin oral health care by age 1, or when their first teeth emerge....